Serving the Industrial Sector
In the industrial sector, equipment—such as cables—are often exposed to high levels of stress due to use in tough or demanding operating environments.
Stress can stem from a variety of sources, such as high temperatures, high voltages, impact, and abrasion, all of which can negatively impact a piece of equipment’s performance or service life. Due to the commonplace nature of these conditions in industrial applications, industrial cables (and other critical equipment) must be designed for durability and reliability.
Since 1919, Consolidated Electronic Wire & Cable has served the cable and wire industry with high-quality product solutions suitable for use in even the harshest industrial environments.
Challenges of Choosing Cable for the Industrial Sector
As indicated above, industrial cables must be designed to withstand a wide range of environmental conditions. Whether the application involves exposure to high heat, electricity, corrosive chemicals, or crushing and abrasive elements, they must provide reliable and consistent performance. As conditions may vary from jobsite to jobsite, cable and wire suppliers offer a broad selection of cables to suit different applications.
In addition to ensuring the cable chosen for an application is well-suited for the operating environment, industry professionals must also consider several other factors, including:
- Environmental and agency requirements and standards
- Federal, state, and local policies and regulations
- Technological advancements
How Can Consolidated Help?
At Consolidated, we’ve spent decades crafting high-quality custom cables, wires, and accessories to suit the needs of virtually every industry.
As a custom manufacturer, we have the knowledge and skills necessary to deliver custom-tailored solutions to all of our customers.
Our customization services encompass the key mechanical and chemical properties for industrial cables, including:
- Temperature. Operating conditions dictate the type and amount of insulation necessary in an industrial cable. Depending on the requirements and restrictions of the application, we can provide cables that withstand temperatures of -65° C up to 250° C.
- Flexibility. While some applications require the use of rigid cables, other applications demand more flexible cabling. We accommodate all levels of flexibility, using solid conductors for stiffer cables and many, small-gauge strands for more flexible ones.
- Exposure to the Elements. Cables intended for outdoor use present a separate set of concerns. While an indoor cable typically does not need protection against UV radiation or moisture, one exposed to the sun or elements requires special treatment to avoid premature degradation.
- Standards and Regulations. Many industrial applications require cables and wires that meet strict standards and regulations. Our products comply with the following:
- ISO 9001:2015
- CE mark
- Compliance, safety, accountability (CSA)
- Lead-free (LF)
- Military specifications and standards (Mil-spec)
- National electric code (NEC)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS)
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
- VDE Association for Electrical, Electronic and Information Technologies
Benefits of Working With Consolidated as Your Industrial Cable Supplier
As a small, employee-owned company, Consolidated Electronic is committed to delivering quality wire and cable solutions. We partner with each of our customers to form and maintain close working relationships. In doing so, we establish the lines of communication early on so that we can respond to feedback quickly, ensuring that all questions are answered and concerns addressed.
By choosing us as their source for industrial cable and wire, customers also benefit from our:
- Years of wire and cable experience
- Strong support and sourcing network
- Adaptability, creativity, and willingness to innovate new solutions
Choose Consolidated for All Industrial Cable and Wire Needs
Since 1919, Consolidated Electronic has served as a complete source of standard and custom wire, cable, harness, and assembly solutions. Whether a customer requests 1,000 feet of cable or 100 feet of wire harness, we can meet their needs with faster lead times and lower costs. For more information about our wire and cable products and how we serve the industrial sector, contact us today.