Category Archive: Custom Cable
At Consolidated Electronic Wire & Cable, we are committed to providing our customers with the resources they need to make an informed decision. On our website, we offer a variety of technical documents with information regarding NEMA configurations, color coding and insulation tips, and other wire and cable specific information.
- Solid & Stranded AWG Chart: AWG-specification information for all outside diameter & wire types, including solid, concentric, rope bunched & more.
- NEMA Configurations for Plugs & Receptacles: NEMA plug & receptacle configurations for voltage ranging from 125V to 600V, 15 to 60 amperes.
- Color Coding Charts: Consolidated Electronic Wire & Cable’s color coding charts for various types of cable & wire products.
- Wire Insulation Characteristics: A comparison of various types of wire insulation materials, including PVC, polyethylene, polypropylene, rubber, Neoprene, TPR & PEP.
- NEMA Number Nomenclature: View the NEMA number nomenclature for plugs & receptacles, as well as current ratings & voltages.
- Cable Standards Reference Guide: View the Cable Standards Reference Guide for NEC catalog reference information and a cable substitution chart.
We encourage you to visit the Technical Info area of our website to view these documents. We hope they prove to be of some use to you and that you find the information you are looking for.
While most of the modern gadgets we rely on appear wireless, behind the scenes things like smart phones, Wi-Fi, and tablets, require miles of wires and cable to operate. When it comes to supplying the perfect cables and wires for the modern digitized and online landscape, one-size definitely does not fit all.
Whether you are working with business machines, medical equipment, automation systems, computers, or telecommunications, you need custom designed and custom-built cables. At Consolidated Electronic Wire & Cable, thanks to our Create Your Custom Cable Now form, and our latest eBook, Creating a Custom Cable, it has never been easier to create a custom cable to match your unique needs.
New Online Form: Create Your Custom Cable Now
When you embark on your next custom wire and cable project, the best place to start is on Consolidated’s user-friendly website. There you will find our Create Your Custom Cable Now form. By completing this thorough but easy-to-navigate form, you are taking the first-step in our industry-leading custom cable production process. Other than general information, you will also be asked to supply details like:
- Cable Type (Composite, Single or Multi Conductor, etc.)
- Conductor (Number, AWG, Stranding)
- Insulation Type
- Specification Demands
Once completed, just press the submit button. Soon after receiving your completed form, the experts at Consolidated will contact you directly. The best part of the form is that it gives us a solid idea about what you need, thus saving you both time and money.
In order to make filling out our Create Your Custom Cable Now even easier, we also offer a free eBook, Creating a Custom Cable to help guide you through the process.
New eBook: Creating a Custom Cable
Our new eBook, Creating a Custom Cable, gives customers an insider’s view of the design and production of custom cables. Some of the highlights of our eBook include:
- Basic considerations such as cable length, cable size, environmental temperature, flexibility, and whether the cable will be used indoors or outdoors.
- Deciding what kind of conductor is right for you, including bare, tinned, or silver plated copper wire.
- Choosing a material to insulate your cables that will offer both performance and protection.
- Other topics include shielding, jacketing, cable fillers, and critical standards.
If you are in the market for the highest quality custom cables, Consolidated Electronic Wire & Cable is your best choice. Both our Create Your Custom Cable Now form, and our eBook. Creating a Custom Cable, will help you start the process of creating the perfect custom cables to match both your specific application and your bottom line.
Nothing is worse than having a wire or cable fail on your commercial or industrial project. Not only can it mean downtime and costly repairs, but it can also ruin your reputation. At Consolidated Electronic Wire & Cable, we know how difficult it can be to choose the exact wire for your unique applications.
That is why we created a free eBook for our customers. It is titled: Choosing a Wire & Cable Manufacturer for Your Product. This eBook is written to help you make the right wire and cable choice. This downloadable eBook, which is available on our website, covers a wide range of topics, each of which make picking the precise wire or cable easier and more cost-efficient.
Let’s take a closer look at our new eBook, section by section.
In this section, our experts lay out the three main capabilities you should demand of your wire and cable provider which include:
- A reliable manufacturer makes a wide range of products, and allows for customized or completely unique products.
- A second capability that’s non-negotiable is flexible manufacturing capacity. Your wire & cable provider should be able to produce prototype runs as well as large volume orders.
- The last capability that is important to inquiry about is the availability of comprehensive engineering services. In-house engineering support services are a must for any project, even if custom wire & cable isn’t required.
After capabilities, cost is the next crucial zone to consider when choosing a wire and cable provider. Our eBook takes you through the hidden charges you should keep an eye out for as well as tips on how to save time and money.
No matter how affordable something is, if the quality is low, it could jeopardize your overall project or application. Choosing a Wire & Cable Manufacturer for Your Product teaches you how to properly judge quality.
These tips include, checking what industrial, precision, and operational standards your manufacturer is certified in, and how to investigate the extent your supplier goes into inspecting raw materials and finished products.
Single Point Supplier
The final section deals with why you should try to find a wire and cable manufacturer that offers one-stop shopping. You need a supplier that has the manufacturing capabilities which can grow with you.
Everyone at Consolidated Wire believes that if you follow the advice laid out in Choosing a Wire & Cable Manufacturer for Your Product, you will never be stuck with subpar wire and cable again.
To download a free copy of Choosing a Wire & Cable Manufacturer for Your Product, please visit the eBook page and simply fill in the quick form. If you want to learn how Consolidated Wire can fulfill all of these demands for your next wire or cable project, please contact us directly today.
Purchasing cable or wire right “off-the-shelf” that fits your specific application perfectly is easier said than done. Oftentimes, this is not the case for commercial and industrial projects.
These are times when it helps to have an expert in manufacturing custom cables in your corner. At Consolidated Electronic Wire & Cable, we have many years of experience creating high-quality custom cables for a wide variety of applications including medical equipment, appliances, computers, and automation systems.
Because of our capabilities and expertise, we thought it would benefit our customers to release an eBook laying out what you need to know about custom cable manufacturing. Creating a Custom Cable is a detailed eBook that takes the reader through all the questions they need to have answered in order to get the best out of the custom cable manufacturing process.
When it comes to creating a custom cable there are a number of key elements and factors to consider.
- How much do you need?: Some suppliers can only handle certain amounts and sizes, so you need to have this locked down from day one.
- What are your lead-time demands?: Rush delivery usual takes a week, while regular orders might take between 7-10 weeks.
- What are your essential cable requirements?: These can include cable type, whether they are to be used indoor or outdoor, and exposure temperatures.
- What kind of conductors/insulation/shielding/jacketing/filler do you need?: There are many material choices for all of these, so you need to do your homework, or have an expert, like Consolidated Electronic, guide you through the process.
- Do your cables need to meet or exceed certain industry standards?: These include popular standards like RoHS, OSHA, and Mil-Spec.
All of this information and more can be found in our new eBook, Creating a Custom Cable. Should you have any questions afterward, please contact Consolidated so one of our custom cable experts can assist you.
To download our free eBook, Creating a Custom Cable, simply click the link or select the button below.